DHS & HPHS teens want parents to know:
- 59% of students prefer going to teen parties/events without alcohol there*
- 70% prefer going to teen parties/events without marijuana there*
- 26% of alcohol at parties is purchased with a fake ID and 24% is provided by a parent*
* Delta After Party Survey of 181 DHS & HPHS students, November 2021
This tool kit is a one-stop resource for parents/guardians to help your child feel safer–and be safer–in social situations.
Get the facts on fake I.D.s, identify if your teen is at risk, and get advice on answering their tough questions.
El alcohol y los adolescentes-Guía para los padres (español)
“Set expectations ahead of time so that you and your child are on the same page.”
“Have a parent check teens in at the beginning of a party. This is a great way to lower substance use because it shows attendees that you are present and paying attention to what is going on.”
“It’s important to have open and honest conversations with your teen to right size expectations.”
– Students in Delta program