Paying it Forward
When parents show kindness, they nurture empathy in their children. By role modeling kind gestures, you “pay it forward” to your kids and those who watch you. Here are a few ideas for small yet meaningful acts to do as a family.
Make someone’s day brighter while improving your own:
- Send a card to staff at a hospital, clinic, police or fire department
- Leave your mail carrier a thank you note
- Shovel a neighbor’s driveway
Let the person in line behind you go first
- Email notes of gratitude to teachers
- Set up a weekly Zoom call with a family member or friend who lives alone
Here are more ways to incorporate kindness into your family’s day.
It’s not one 60-minute conversation.
It’s 60 one-minute conversations.